Fall is quickly coming upon us so I wanted to write a little something about that! Now remember I live in Toronto/Brampton so these things will most likely be things we do around here!
- Apple Picking. Since I’m on the boarder of farm land it’s only about a 20 min drive to the closest farm where you can do that. If you live in the area, the best place and most famous place out of my friends would be Downy’s Pumpkin Farm. I’ve been going here ever since I was a child, there’s tons of things to do for all ages!
- Nuit Blanche. I can’t even begin to describe how amazing Nuit Blanche is. Nuit Blanche is a bunch of contemporary art made by 100s of artist that put their art work on the roads of a big city for everyone to see. The roads get closed, travel because free if you pay one payment of $11, there’s food trucks, hotel prices are lowered and it’s a lot of fun. I’ve been going for about 3-4 years now and it’s amazing every time! Don’t fear, it’s not just in Toronto, I know a lot of big cities do this, you just have to look it up in your area! Here’s the link to Toronto’s so you get the idea!
- Halloween! This is a given one, I think this is what everyone looks forward to when they think of fall, that and one other things. Now, there’s more then just getting dressed up and going out for one night. Yes one of the items is to get your costume but the second is to decorate your lawn! Go to stores and check out what they have, you only have to buy this stuff once then you can use it for every year! If you’re older and don’t have a house of your own yet I would say throw a party with your closet friends! Look online to find games and weird, gross, scary stuff to do.
- Pumpkin Picking/Plant a Pumpkin. Once again you can do the pumpkin picking at the farm I named earlier,this truly amazing. If you’re planting your own pumpkin you will need to plan this a little bit earlier, mostly I would say do it around the middle of the summer if not then the end like I did. If you do it at the end then you will most likely get small pumpkins.
- Pumpkin Craving Contest. My sister and I randomly decided to do this one year and now it`s been a thing ever since. Two years ago we printed off pictures online and then traced, craved then posted them on social media to get everyone to judge them to see who wins. Who ever has to most likes/comments wins. Last year we decided to switch it up and said that we had to free hand the picture then so on same rules. You can switch it up, make you’re own rules and make it a little tradition.
- Last Chance Baseball Game. For you baseball fans you already know that the season is still going on strong for the next month or so, get those tickets. For you other folks who like going to games because it’s something to do, well there you go, get cheap tickets and get drunk. (Yes I’m talking to you girls who have no idea what baseball is, how it’s played or any of the player names.)
- Football Game/Super Bowl Party. Yay football season has started and I still don’t understand this damn sport! I mean I know the basics I guess. If you are like me and have a boyfriend who is obsessed with football then just go with it. My boyfriend every year throws a super bowl party, it’s pretty fun, there’s bets and a quiz and much more. You can look online to get a whole bunch of ideas and see whats going on. Even better though, would be actually going to see a game! Look for your team on their website and see if they’re coming to place near you!
- Thanksgiving. Now I know most of you may be from the states and you’re thinking well that is like football but in Canada its a whole different things. It’s like Christmas without a gifts, just family coming over for dinner. But lets face it, the dinner, aka the turkey, is what everyone wants.
- Fall Photo Shoot. I know this is probably one of the most cheesy things I’ve said but I know at least two people who do it every year. Plus you can save the pictures and make it a Christmas gift.
- Halloween Haunt. This may be hard for almost all of you since I don’t know if anywhere else has something like this. I live 30 mins away from Canada’s Wonderland, every year they put on this thing called Halloween Haunt. It use to be called Fear Fest but I guess they had to change the name. It’s pretty sweet, they set up a bunch of scary mazes, hire to people to walk around like zombies and do weird shit with their bodies. It’s something you just have to do once in your life around here. If you have seizure though I wouldn’t suggest going, a lot of flashing lights in the mazes, you can go on the rides though! Here’s the link so you get the idea.
There you have it! Hopefully you liked this post and this gave you some ideas.
Thanks for reading!